Saturday 22 September 2012

Replete Providore


Before work this morning, I thought it would be a nice idea to head out for breakfast and make the most of a beautiful sunny saturday. I managed to drag my sleepy ass out of bed by 8:30, and nagged my breakfast companion to hurry up and to do the same so we could get food in our bellies before I had to go to work (yep, I'm that annoying). The spot for breakfast was a toss up between Snow Pony or Replete Providore, and as I hadn't been before, we I ended up choosing Replete Providore.




There was a nice selection of breakfast dishes to choose from, with some nice lunch options too.


I decided on the replete "florentine" ($15)- simply because I had actually never tried eggs with hollandaise before. I also liked the sound of the pea and fetta fritters that also comes with the dish.


Eggs florentine with pea and fetta fritters, spinach, poached eggs + hollandaise on english muffins.
I devoured the meal, it was so so so yummy. I also ordered a side of istra bacon, just because I'm a piglet. I think the english muffins underneath were a little unnecessary and could have just been replaced by the fritters. But still a delicious breakfast.

My tired eyed breakfast companion ordered the smashed avocado. I'd love to find out which cafe actually gave birth to the legendary smashed avocado dish, because I recon they'd be pretty shitty that almost every cafe in Melbourne has followed their lead. The huge mountain of avocado came with danish fetta, poached eggs, basil, mint, chilli + dark rye bread ($15).



Smashed avocado with danish fetta, poached egg, basil, mint, chilli + dark rye bread.
               

They also had a huge selection of sweet pastries and tarts to choose from at the counter.



Mini carrot cakes!
A very lovely breakfast cafe with plenty of dishes to choose from. I was a happy (but full) camper :)

Replete Providore
302, Barkers Road, Hawthorn

Replete Providore