Wednesday 19 September 2012

Prospect Espresso

I didn't even know this little gem existed until I met a friend for coffee today. I've always thought Camberwell lacked a decent, trendy coffee shop, and I was surprised when I walked into Prospect Espresso.

It has a cool vibe, nice staff and a good location (I think the the shopfront used to be a hairdressers). We didn't order mains but had a sneaky gaze at the couple next to us who ordered the burger, which came with a mini deep frying basket with chippies in it!


The breakfast menu looked delicious, with simple tasty treats such as ricotta hotcakes with poached pears + vanilla cream ($15), bubble and squeak with smoked salmon, poached egg + hollondaise ($16) and baked eggs with tomato relish, mushrooms, brioche, herbs + goats cheese ($15).



REAL soy chai latte (no powder!)
There was a little assortment of cakes from Red Door Cakes on the counter which looked delish.




A nice simple cafe in good location with a hearty fresh menu- one that I will be coming back to check out!


Prospect Espresso

2a Prospect Hill Road, Camberwell

Prospect Espresso