Friday 28 September 2012

Miss Chu

Vietnamese would have to be my numero uno cuisine choice. I don't believe I would turn down a single dish on a vietnamese menu. I have a couple of favourite Vietnamese restaurants (Indochine, Binh Minh), another being the uber trendy Miss Chu's. I have visited Miss Chu's several times because a) it's so close to work and b) the food is unreal and c) it's just an all round cool restaurant.





If I am lucky enough to finish work early and am in need of a feed, I happily skip my way down Exhibition Street just before the dinner rush sets in and order myself a treat (yes on several occasions here I have eaten alone....what of it?).



Tuckshop style bar

It just so happened that this time I had a fellow work colleague to accompany me. It was a Monday night so we were seated straight away and the place wasn't too busy.



The decorations come alive at night
Shuttlecocks as fairy lights! Sa creative
Being regulars and all (te he he) we had tried most of the items on the menu (which you order by ticking off the items on the menu pad and giving it to the waitress). Tonight we opted for a vietnamese vermicelli salad each.

My non-meat eating worker buddy ordered a vermicelli salad with vegan sauteed shitake, enoki and shimeji mushrooms ($13).

The picture doesn't look to enticing but damn it smelt gooooood
She also ordered some asian vegetable and garlic chive steamed dumplings.

My favourite ever vietnamese dish would be a toss up between vermicelli salad (bún) and vietnamese crepe (bahn xeo). And having tried most of the vermicelli salads on the menu- except the salad with pork hanoi spring rolls- meant it just HAD to be ordered.


Warm vermicelli noodle salad with pork hanoi spring rolls ($13).
Normally a good bún can cost anwhere between $7-$10 at a vietnamese restaurant, so although Miss Chu's jacks up it's prices, they can do so without fail- because it's in a great location, has a great atmosphere, and it's trenday.


Funky decor
Although I have tried 3/4 of the menu, you can be sure that I will be back for you again soon Miss Chu!

Miss Chu
2/297 Exhibition Street, Melbourne CBD

Miss Chu